5 minutes to midnight.
This is it. This is the year.
I’m tired of messing things up and having to start over. I’m tired of waiting around for something good to happen. This is the year I make it happen, messes or no messes. I’ve still got 5 minutes left on my 22nd birthday, and this is the year I’m going to make history. I’ve got a bunch of stuff I wanna do before I die, and I plan to do it all in the 22nd year. I guess you could argue that I’ve got my whole life ahead of me to do great things, but if I sit back and think, “I’ve got my whole life to do this stuff,” then I’ll never get around to doing it. So I plan to do it all in the 22nd year. After that, I don’t care. Maybe I’ll get so motivated that I start making new lists. Maybe I’ll learn some good lessons to apply to life. Maybe I’ll feel like I’ve accomplished enough and just sit around for the rest of my life. Maybe I’ll die soon afterward, but at least I’ll have lived the 22nd year to its fullest.
So are you ready? Here’s the list:
- Graduate from college and get a job.
- Travel to at least 3 new places.
- Become fluent in another language.
- Run a 5k.
- Become really good at some kind of dancing or some kind of sport.
- Memorize all the Bible verses in the Topical Memory System.
- Finish my quilt of knitted squares.
- Do everything within my power to encourage people to develop their relationship with the living God.
There you have it. I was super tempted to put, “Find Mr. Right,” on there, but I don’t know if God even has one for me. (But that’s another blog for another day.) So Lord, I’m handing this year over to You. It’s now officially Your year. Use it for Your glory.